Originally Posted by milespatton
I use a PC for posting on the campfire. I take pictures using my apple phone. I have absolutely no idea how to get pictures from one to the other. Lots of phone crap, I am a babe in the woods about. miles

This is a big stumbling block - let's work it out. I am in the same boat as you sir - I use my PC for 24HCF and my iPhone to take pics.

There are two major ways to get pictures from your iPhone to your PC.
1) You can email the pictures from your iPhone to your email account that you use on your PC, open your email on the PC, then save the pictures from the email message. To email yourself a picture from your iphone:
a)Open the picture on your phone and select the "share button" circled here:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
b) That will bring up several ways to share the picture. The email account you have on your phone should appear among them. In my case, that's yahoo Mail. Select your email:

c) this should bring up your email with the picture already attached to it. Type your own email address into the "To:" window and hit send. Then you can open your email on your PC and save the picture from your email to your PC.

2) You can connect your iPhone to your PC and transfer the pictures using Windows File Explorer.
[If this sounds like greek to you, go to whatever you use to do internet searches and type in "Windows file explorer tutorial." You will get a lot of choices to watch videos on how to use File Explorer.]
a) Have your PC on and select the File-shaped icon to open explorer. Using the knowledge you just learned on the Explorer tutorial, make a file where you want to save the pictures from your iphone
b) Take your iPhone charging cable and plug the USB end into one of the USB ports on your PC. Make sure your iPhone is open and unlocked and plug it to the charger. When your PC recognizes it, it'll show up as a "drive" in Explorer. The first couple times you try this, your iPhone may show you a display asking if you should "Trust this Device." Say yes.
c) click on this drive and it'll open up the iPhone "Internal Storage" where all your pictures on your phone live. Click on that object.
d) The current iPhone software versions store your pictures in folders by year and month they were taken. Choose the year/month you took the desired pictures to save to your PC
e) Use your new-found knowledge of File Explorer to copy the desired pictures from your iPhone to the file you made for them on your PC.

And Bob's your Uncle. Next subject - how to take pictures from your PC and post them to 24HCF...

Cheers,
Rex