Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I never thought they would get away with charging athletes from teams out of state,
How these crazy rules are not overturned by the SCOTUS in the real question. Everyone knows the state of CA is a blood sucking leech, but how can an athlete who plays for the Texas Rangers, have to pay CA state tax on the games he played in CA, when his employer is the Texas Rangers based in Texas?
I have a feeling their thinking is the same as if an A/C repair place in TX sent a dude to Cali to fix a unit. The work was performed in Cali. His wages were earned there. Blah Blah Blah.

Fuggers tried to tax my income when I worked 8 months a year in WA and vacationed in Cali in the winter where my wife worked. We managed to get through to the Franchise Tax Board that they were wrong and weren't getting anything from me.

California’s Source Revenue taxation rules are pretty complicated especially for couples filing jointly.
Yeah, seeing as how I was a Resident of WA, and a few other things we got to tell them to shove it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?