Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by VernAK
I've always wondered why scope manufacturers put the windage knob on the right side right over the load /ejection port. I have a Leupold ultralight on a kimber 338 Federal with extra low Talleys. I purposely rotated the scope 90 degrees to make the port more accessible.

There are some guys that do this, on purpose, with certain rifle actions. My buddy has an old gloss Leupold that is turned that way too, on his Winchester model 71 lever action. When you do this, pay no attention to what the turret says, you just turn the turret that corresponds to the correct axis. On top, and it adjusts up and down. Turret on the left or right, that is your windage. Not really hard to understand.

bsa1917hunter;
Good afternoon, I hope the day down in your part of the world is as bright and mild as it is here today and that you're well.

After reading the thread and then your post, I have partial recollection we did that same thing on a rifle a buddy had.

For the life of me I can't recall what it was other than a bolt action, but way it'd eject the empty case was such that it would hit the turret and drop the empty back into the magazine/feed path every few shots.

It "might" have been an '80's Sako in .375 H&H? Sorry those details are apparently not available from the memory banks at present.

Anyways we rotated the scope, put a piece of masking tape on the inside of each turret cap with the "new" instructions and all went swimmingly thereafter.

All the best to you for the rest of the week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"