Originally Posted by huntsman22
It amazes me how many don't take tools to the range......

It doesn’t amaze me. I take a small collection of screwdrivers and hex wrenches in case something needs to be tightened up, but when I go to the range what range time I have is used for shooting. I seldom take fewer than 3 long guns and at least a .22 pistol to work on basic skills with and my IDPA gun to run some racks of plates. In the rare event that something needs work it goes back into the truck and I continue shooting the other stuff I brought.

I don’t have the time I’d like to have to spend at the range and I’m not going to spend it working on something I can do in my spare time at home under better conditions. Small parts, springs, 8-32 screws….they all are very good at hiding in the grass or gravel.

In the above mentioned incident I was able to continue what I went to the range for which was check the accuracy potential of a new rifle with some proven loads in that caliber. There was no need to waste time turning the scope 90 degrees when I could do it later, at home, under better conditions where I could be sure it was reinstalled properly.

We all have our own ways of doing things, mine works for me.

Mathew 22: 37-39