Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Accuracy and precision are quite useful attributes.

Case in point: Due to a storm you no longer have running water or power. The toilet is full and you strained your back and can't sit down anyway. 1" hail is falling outside but your REALLY have to pee. Only container you can find is an empty gallon milk jug. If you put it on the table it's too high, so you place it on an upholstered chair. Your goal is to not get any on the upholstery. It can be done if you are both accurate and precise with your aim.

Dan can always count on you to bring a real world example😁👍!!

In science, specifically statistical analysis, accuracy and precision have two distinct meanings and if used interchangeably would lead to great confusion - when applied to rifle shooting they also “should” have two different meanings as some have pointed out. The dilution of language/meaning and specific meaning of words is concerning to some of us.

That all said - I had a scoped T/C Contender in .256 Winchester Magnum surprise the hell out of me with a five shot group at 75 yards less than 1/3”. A Marlin 1895 in .40-65 that would cut cloverleafs at 50 yards with factory irons and a Marlin 1894 in .22 Magnum that would group less than 1/4” at 50 yards for five shots with and old Weaver K-3 and the old Federal Sierra 30 grain hollow points (wish I would have bought cases of that ammo!!). Don’t know if they would do this all day every day and don’t really care - surprised me either way!

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 03/20/24.