Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Far too many cyclist have zero regard for their safety, or for the safety of others around them. I've witnessed this over and over again where I live.

Anyone with decency and courtesy will slow down when coming from behind a person who probably can't hear them coming. Even a young person may not hear a cyclist!

The cyclist should be charged for what he caused!

According to news reports the 62 YO bicyclist was not charged by the cops.

I did note in the story the 62 YO bicyclist claimed he rang is bell in addition to verbal warnings.

Given the bell ringing thing I've decided I need to give a warning when passing bicyclists on the road when driving my Expedition.

I'm intending to install Dual Locomotive horns on the Expedition. One forward facing, one facing to the right shoulder of road.

The Locomotive horns will have individual 40 CF air tanks and a 20 CFM @ 120 psi air compressor to keep the tanks topped off.

The goal is to allert the bicyclist(s) I'm approaching with a long blast with the forward facing Locomotive Horn, then add a long blast with the right facing Locomotive Horn as I pass.

These Locomotive Horns should add a measure of safety as well as a courtesy for the bicyclists.

GOA