Originally Posted by jetjockey
Originally Posted by Judman
There’s very very very few folks that get to hunt elk every year, otc. Some of us get to every year, even fewer get the luxery of hunting elk otc in a jungle like western wa, nw Oregon or Idaho panhandle every year.

It’s not like drawing an Arizona/New Mexico/colorado/Utah tag. Come try it lady’s.👊🏻

Pffff. Whatever. My family had the keys to much of the timber company land outside Pe Ell after they shut it down. Over 50+ years they killed elk every year in clear cuts, and rarely had to hike. They drug the elk out using a reduction unit on a chain saw and 600ft of rope. When I tell those old timers who are in their late 70’s and 80’s now how we hunt OTC in the Wilderness of CO their response is “Fugg that.”

They’re way ahead of the curve, though 10% oh hunters kill most the bulls. Know lotsa folks from pe ell, I’m sure I know em. Tried a chainsaw whinch about 30 years ago up toutle, didn’t get a full spool reeled in before I boned it out and threw it on a packboard. Tried Tommy moore blocks with haywire, same pain in the ass. Unless you can get a quad/sxs close I’ve found it easier and less fuucking around to quarter/bone em out personally. Looks like Wyoming is the place to hunt elk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.