Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
That's a neat find. And I look forward to seeing it when restored. If anyone would do it right, it would be you.

But fly fishing Holy Grail?

How about an EC Powell 8' hollowbuilt in 5 wt? That to me might be a "Holy Grail".

You need to know more about who Tom Morgan was and what he did for the fly fishing industry. A Powell fly rod is really nice, but not quite the Holy Grail.

This is a boat designed by Tom 30 years ago and Multiple Sclerosis ended his physical mobility and his dream of producing a versatile fishing boat for rivers in Southwest Montana. He took Winston rods from a sleepy California town to Twin Bridges, Montana and made it a premiere fly rod company.

He sold Winston in 1991 and began his dream of creating his own brand of fly rod. After several years of non compete with Winston, Tom started his own company, Tom Morgan Rodsmiths. There he created one of the finest fly rods ever built. MS slowed him down but didn’t stop his success with TMR.

Years later after a 25 year anniversary last year, Tom’s legacy is intact and still producing the finest rods available.

This boat was a small part of what he had planned after selling Winston and before MS disabled him…

If sleepy California town was not tongue in cheek, then I know more about Winston than you do. But I'll grant that you're the Tom Morgan SME.

P.S. Have now upgraded my holy grail to a Per Brandin 2/2 8' 5wt hollowbuilt.