Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by JFE
I believe the fundamental difference in the rimfire versions is that in the NY version the barrel is offset in the action. This allows them to use a round firing with a faster lock time.

The offset barrel also allowed them to successfully use a Mauser style extractor. One of the selling points for me.

Pretty cool info in this thread. However, having a mauser extractor sounds great, until I think about how well even my cheap azzed Savage 22lr's extract. Then I think, have I ever had an issue with extraction on a good bolt action. The answer is yes, but that was a worn out Mossberg Chuckster 640KD my dad gave me. After replacing the extractors and springs, it works flawlessly. The Winchester 320 that I have and my 1949 Winchester model 52 are probably the oldest rifles in my collection, yet they don't and have never had any extraction issues. I'll admit, I love the mauser style claw extractor on my centerfires, but question how much better they are on an 22lr or rimfire rifle...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA