Originally Posted by K22
I didn't mean to imply that a Mauser extractor would be better than the standard rimfire extractor. I was only stating that I thought it was pretty cool they were able to offer a rimfire action modeled after their centerfire actions.
I have had occasions where the standard rimfire extractor failed to extract a fired case and in the case of a Win. 52D chamber, failing to extract an unfired case because it was to tight and the extractor would skip over the rim. Recutting the hook solved that problem.

Ah, ok. I must be lucky. I don't know how many rounds are on my 1949 Winchester model 52?? It could be as few as a few thousand? It's worked flawlessly though. If the Kimber 82 is anything like the Win 320, it's a hell for stout rimfire, that I don't expect any problems out of. I will keep an eye out for a newer Kimber though. As well as a Cooper, if I can score on one on the cheap!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA