Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A completely flawed study in my opinion. Critical thinking is necessary here as well as a belief in the validity of evolution.

Let's look at it this way...nature generally designs its creatures to survive basic hardships, so how much sense does it make to have humans drop dead from "fasting" after 16 hours which is what the study looked at. People restricted their caloric intake to an 8 hour time period. Does this make sense that the human heart would throw a wobble when we only ate for 8 hours after not eating for 16? Would we all be on death's door after 24, or 36, or even 72 hours or more?

Think about this. The human body stores energy in the form of adipose tissue for a reason--easy energy access when food isn't readily available. The fat it accesses nourishes the brain probably more than anything else. Our evolution and fat storage developed to keep us alive when food wasn't readily available. Do you think that evolution undid itself once the 24 hour McDonald's came into being?

This so-called "study" has several flaws, including the particular individuals studied, the controls used, the physical condition of those individuals studied, their ages, other stress in their life, etc. What if those people who chose to do intermittent fasting did so because they had already been diagnosed with cardiac issues?

Remember, correlation DOES NOT imply causation.

There ya' go trying to make sense again.

Tell us about boomers and critical thinking during Covid. I never saw so much silly anti science emotion based hysteria in my life