Originally Posted by billj
What is a good, accurate AR in 5.56? I'm not looking for a budget gun, but not a gold-plated one either.

We need a little more info. Answer some of these questions:

1. Price range? I realize you said, no budget guns, but not gold plated either. $-$?
2. What weight range??
3. Barrel length you desire?
4. When you say "accurate", how accurate?
5. Factory built, or would you consider a built rifle if someone had one here to sell?

Some of these guys are going off on a tangent, with suggestions of expensive unnecessary triggers and other schidt. I also would not suggest BCM, if you are looking for an "accurate" rifle. This thread would be better off in the AR and tactical rifle forums here. Those guys tend to know more about this kind of stuff. I will say that you don't have to pay Daniel Defense prices to get extreme precision from an AR platform. Nor do you need an overly expensive Geiselle SSA-E trigger. Those guys suggesting Springfield saints are out of their minds too. Those rifles are known to have issues. Again, that is why I suggest you move this question to the proper forums..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA