Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I dunno, but a guy I went to high school with got a "covid relief loan" for $1.3 million and it was forgiven in full. I guess COVID kept him from farming, somehow.

I believe those were Small Business Administration loans.

Most people went into that believing it would be forgiven.

Well, it was. Not sure how his livelihood was taken from him because of COVID, but there go our tax dollars.

The loan applications were worded so poorly that it would be a miracle if they were ever paid back.

Makes it hard to feel sorry for the "poor little farmers" and other business owners when they got such a windfall.

We looked into them...but they couldn't be used for anything we needed.

There were other loans available too. One for employee retention and one for operating expenses.

Everyone said just to do it.....they wouldn't want it back.

The old woman is too honest.

Good for her.

My small business could have gotten one, but it just wasn't honest to take it.

Thanks , Jim and Drop Point for being honest.. I also likely could have gotten some money for being self employed. I could hardly imagine doing that.. However, I have a BIL with a small company that took $32,000. How Son in Law took $410,000 . . It should be payed back with at least some interest.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23