Originally Posted by Azshooter
I keep basic records on the coues wt and elk my hunting friends and I have taken. Not so for javelina, coyotes or even coatis.

I keep meticulous records on mearns quail and tie it in with the rainfall we had that year. I refer to previous years as a reference to figure where to go on future mearns hunts.

I keep records for bass at my favorite lake, Roosevelt Lake, Az. Number released, water temp, weather, which part of the lake and what lure did well .

Speaking of squirrel records, while I never kept records, I remember one memorable time on Wall Creek Elk Refuge, near the Madison River in Mt, where I killed 180 ground squirrels in 3 hours with a 10-22. That's an average of one a minute.

I am willing to bet many who don't keep records on their hunting or fishing keep records on their vehicles maintenance. Just saying.....
and I suspect the maintenance is much more important than the game.

BUT I will say this. Keeping data on dates and weather when you see game. When you catch fish etc... is much more important than what you caught or killed kind of thing. Working hard on building a data base for a new boss so he has info for the future on how fish move in the areas we guide in.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....