Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by drover
The 16" barrel would be a deal breaker for me, with a 20" then I would consider one.
A 20" barrel is short enough that it still handles well from the cab of a pickup or utility vehicle but is not so short as to be totally obnoxious from the muzzle blast.

It's called a suppressor

My take on suppressors is pretty simple - even using a suppressor hearing protection is still needed so I prefer a 20" barrel to get the muzzle blast a bit further away.
Then there is the $200 that is needed to pay the .gov for owning one, also suppressors are ridicuously overpriced at $400 - $600 dependant on the brand.

So basically why not a 20" barrel and a pair of earmuffs which are still necessary even though I would have spent the extra $600 - $800, especially for a rifle that is only used occasionaly for a coyote or other varmint. My nearest neighbot is a 1/2 mile away and they don't complain anyway.

Sorry I just don't buy into the whole suppressor thing - if other folks want them for whatever reason that is fine - they are just not for me.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.