Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'll normally back the cops, almost without question...

But not in this instance. I'm a diabetic, so I can see being in this picture... having your blood sugar levels drop quickly... I've had my drop to where my Blood Sugar level was 30.....which is WAAY in the danger zone... and you need to get sugar in your system quickly.

What kind of Barney Fife's does Spruce Pine have on their force? EMTs should have been called. Evidently no one knew what a diabetic incident was, or they would have called EMS. But I'd bet that they sure know what one is now.....

If the victim decides NOT to Sue, the Spruce Pine P.D. need to thank their lucky stars. I'd admit if I'd have been the diabetic in that situation, I WOULD NOT sue the Police Dept or their officers for their actions or lack of action from not knowing what to do, or being able to identify the situation they were called upon.

So if you were having a diabetic episode and a person working as a plumber or logger came upon you and performed an emergency tracheotomy, would you sue them?
We've found the Blue Backer. A plumber or a logger would probably call 911. I think that makes them smarter than those cops.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.