Originally Posted by Coyote10
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by RIO7
Originally Posted by Garandimal
He is simply spotlighting that even confident "Long Range" shooters - can't hunt past normal ranges w/o their concrete benches and lead-sleds.

GR

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You might add laying on your belly like Lizard, if you can't shoot without laying down you might as well stay home and take a nap Rio7

Standing-to-Sitting/sling/5-second interval - no bi-pod or rangefinder.

That determines a rifleman's hunting range.

It would be a clown-show to watch any'of'm try that.

GR

I agree with that and being a 'rifleman' and a great shot under hunting circumstances. We are talking long range here. Like past 600 is what I consider long range. That's gonna require what Rio calls "the lizard position" and some rear stock support, a damn good rig, and some serious optics to consistently pop your target. If I were to take that guy up on his challenge, which 100 shots is damn near impossible to hit in a row, but I'm bringing an nxs 22 power, suppressed, front support as well as rear, and I'm shooting the ol 6.5x284. Leave the magnum at home. Out to 600, shoot, a 243 win and heavies could do that. 100 for 100 on anything is pretty tough.
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Throw a time limit in there like mentioned above, yeah, that'd be a schit show.
Not as difficult as a 100-round practical rifle match, but similar. Cleaning a 100-round day/match is basically unheard of.