Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Big Stick
My Optika6's were pieces of fhuqking schit and Reupold-esque in their "tracking". Hint.

Just sayin'...........
he needs a set and forget it scope. for that the optika's should be fine. I wouldn't use one for a heavy dialer either.

cumsincowboys,

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be BEST served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep installing hose clamps in Playgrounds,you Magnificently Stupid Fhuqk. There are no "Set And Forget" scopes,that is a contrived Drooler's Notion(s). If schit don't track or repeat,rest assured it will NOT fhuqking hold zero either. Now even you "know". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

big stick, false. I lapped the hell out of the rings in my scope fixture and which allowed me to set the scope only in the bottom half of the rings and I could get it to RTZ taking it in and out of the rings. this allowed me to do various things to the scope. Drop it from 2 feet onto a park table. use it as a club on a plastic trash can. wrap the palm of my hand with the objective bell. NOTHING I could do would get my optika 5 to move zero. in fact when impacting the scope on 9 o clock onto the palm of my hand, IE right against the leaf spring inside the erector. I could actually feel the spring compressing and the erector slap inside the scope! still no zero shift. if you think about this, its makes sense. unless something breaks inside the scope it should hold zero. The erector is held under spring tension against the turret adjusters. Its not a scope that I feel as a dialing scope, I honestly don't remember why I felt that way or what the scope did, I didn't buy it as a dialer. after what I did to it, I trust it as set and forget.

big stick might be subtly smart in ways you have to search to find. but some other people aint stupid either.

When 99% of people who use Optikas can get what they want out of them and 1% can't, it's certainly not the 1% that is the issue.
That entirely depends on the applications and requirements. Is it possible that the 1% are using the scope in a way that demands it perform beyond the requirements of the 99%?