I'd heard about the accuracy of the CZ (BRNO) 22LR rifles for quite some time. About twenty years ago the CZs 22LR rifles were already selling for premium of about $450 here in Canada.

When the 457s came out I finally jumped as all the features I was wanting from trigger to safety and backwards compatibles were all there in the upgraded 457 model. At the moment I own three CZ 457s in 22LR: a Varmint MTR, a second Varmint 20" (non match barrel) in a LRP stock and a 24" LUX. As said these rifles all shoot very well.

Playing around today at the range with an almost out of the box Varmint MTR with 20" barrel but for a Yo-Dave trigger spring, topped witha Vortex Diamondback 6-24 and Vortex Pro rings I made a 5 shot group with brown package ELEY high velocity 38 gr HP that will cause me to chase my tail around in circles for a time - a sub .250 group!

Don't want to chase the expensive Eley TENEX or Lapua Center X to try and duplicate that kind of group but it's good to know what these CZ 457s are truly capable of even in the hands of this old rifleman. smile

And then I congratulated myself with solid swig of coffee and my shooting went to ...

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell