Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
I shoot against an MTR and 4-5 Varmint in various stock configurations and they are always hard to deal with.

I wish Tikka would make a T1x with a Varmint/MTR heavy barrel profile 20-22".

If Tikka would make a tiny CTR in a 22lr, I'd be all over that!! 22" heavy barrel, would be cool. I know your T1x shoots damn well, but one that looks like a CTR would be cool.

I would buy one immediately. My little T1x is a great shooter but a mini CTR would force me to go that route.

The 457's I shoot against improve quite a bit from pillar bedding.

While the factory pillars are nothing to write home about, the rifle can be made much better after a little bedding in the right spot. After that, there is no one here that can "crush' a factory pillar:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I would snap the head of the action screw off, before the pillar would crush. It's all simple mechanics. Since it has the recoil lug mounted in the rear of the action, this is a pretty good approach. Others can do things their way, but then there are guys always scratching their nuts, wondering why they get first shot fliers, or even random fliers..
That's just how I roll though. Again, they are great rifles. Not my best shooter, but it does alright after a little modification. Got to head out to the shop right now, and install a pillar in my 10/22 stock. Did some swapping around with the 2 I have.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA