The previous thread on Mexico fishing and costs of same spurred me to pass onto Campfire members one of my favorite fishing hotspots. I fish for a week with great accomodations and some great meals for the price paid for a one day charter at other places.�Checkout www.fishermensfleet.com [site is under reconstruction, exercise patience]. The owner, David Jones, is a big old gringo that provides a quality experience at a very fair price.....with NO hidden fees.....a reasonable tip for the captain is appreciated.

Fishermen's Fleet is primarily a 22' panga fleet. Although a 40' boat is available, I prefer the pangas as we can get live bait easier and can fish the near-shore species i.e. rooster fish and snapper as well as grouper. We often go offshore for marlin, tuna and sailfsh also.

The Captains are tremendously talented fishermen that want you to be a satisfied, repeat customer. They are patient with kids, we old farts and the inexperienced.

LaPaz has the flavor of Old Mexico not your typical testosterone laden spring break destination. Personal safety and theft have not been a concern. Having a resident gringo in charge is important to me as he knows how to handle emergencies i.e. medical care. A while back, I watched my neighbor go through hell trying to get his son's body shipped home from another popular fishing town.�And, if you like to eat fresh fish as well as I do, this is the place. I eat fresh fish every night except those evenings when FF cooks and David grill chicken or my favorite, carne asada. We even twisted David's arm to creat a batch of carne asada with moose meat....unbelievable!

Once again, there are no hidden fees at FF. Many other fishing operations have charged me dock surcharge, fuel surcharge, bait charges.....and some excessive cost for that one cold beer in the cooler.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Fishermen's Fleet other than being a satisfied customer.

I hope to see you in LaPaz.....