Monashee,

Yes, I have fished from Cabo and San Jose del Cabo......there is a lot of good fishing down there but I have never hooked up with the right outfit ....I always got the run-around....buy bait from the cousin.....fish close-in to save fuel....inconsistent etc. Frankly, I have better luck with outfits owned and operated by a gringo.....

I have found the area North of the East Cape to be very fishy and the captains are no-nonsense, hard working guys....this area is mostly around Muertos Bay and the South end of Cerralvo Island. The East Cape resort boats fish there a lot.
I don't usually fish directly out of LaPaz Harbor....we take a van out to Muertos Bay.....that puts us a very short distance from fishing and provides more options should the wind be a problem.

I seldom target marlin anymore as I have caught quite a few and to me they detract from my time to fish more interesting specie. Tuna can be difficult to target because any large school of tuna will attract a purse seiner that cleans the area of tuna.

The Cerralvo area is probably the best for roosterfish and mullet snapper. Cubera snapper and wahoo are my favorite to fish and to eat.....