Well I don't have the exact Leupold scope you mention but I have the optically similar vx3 3.5-10x50 as well as the Burris Eurodiamond 2.5-10x42 with posilock. I really have not compared them for brightness in near dark situations but I'll try to soon and get back to you.

I also have a Ziess 3.5-10x50 conquest,to me it is brighter and clearer than the same size Leupold. All three of these are good scopes and will give you good service.

Here is the way I see it,on a heavy kicker I like the Burris. Mine is on a 375 and works fine. Burris' better scopes are tough as nails. On a rifle used for hunting in low light over ag fields or food plots,I like the Ziess Conquest,super good in low light. I would put the Leupold on a rifle that I intended to carry around,it is lighter and more compact than the other two.

I have used both the BC reticle from Leupy as well as Burris balistic plex,both work great but I like the Leupold version better. It is easier to tell the stadia apart in a hurry and they are more useful in compensating for the wind.

I have not tried the Ziess rapid Z but it looks a little funny to me,I like the reticle to look familar to me,less disconcerting.

For hitting stuff a long way off,get the leupold with B&C reticle.

For shooting stuff in near darkness,get the Ziess with a 4A reticle.

For standing the abuse of heavy recoil,I like the Burris.

Hope this helps,

Britt