I understand Cecil Tucker does the same sort of thing for the scopes he modifies. Apparently his locking system doesn't work either.
You say you put it on a heavy recoiling rifle and it works ? OK. Tell me, how many rds. did it go until it let go vs. how many rds. did the non Posi-Lock Burris of the same type go before it broke down ? And, last of all, how many rds. did a similar size Leupold go before it let go ? I'd be very interested in the results of your recoil testing.
The only recoil testing I've ever seen in print were those done by John Barsness, which included a couple of non Posi-Lock Burris's, and Ray Atkinson's tests on small scopes. BTW, Barsness thinks highly of the Burris Safari and the FFII's. But I've never seen him say anything in print about their optional Posi-Lock feature.
I have not used any Burris Posi-Lock scopes on any heavy kickers. Funny thing is my local custom gun maker who hunts with one of Burris's vice presidents and recommends them for his customers, doesn't recommend any Posi-Lock scopes to his customers. Most of whom have him build them very light magnum rifles. E