This isn't about a truck, but a trailer.

I need a new utility trailer. I want a 6x10 bed without wheel wells. I also want the tires to track with my pickup. To get what I want, I'm building a flatbed with tandem axles and 12" wheels. The wheels will be under the bed without wells. That will give me a 4K lb gross wt trailer and it'll keep the bed to not much over 24" high to make loading my garden tractor, etc. easy.

So, I ordered the axles from a local steel dealer. They quoted me a price somewhat cheaper than what I can buy the componants for myself and build my own. It's $220/axle which includes springs and brakes (the hubs are built into the brakes).

They came yesterday but they're a foot short. I ordered a 64" hub face length with a 48" spring center. They came with a 55" hub face and a 43" spring center. Seems that the guy who took my order has since been fired because he screwed up everything he touched. Well, duh. They'll make it good but now I have to wait another 2 weeks before I get on with the project. I want the axles in my shop before I cut the 1st steel so I know that everything will fit.

I hate it when crap like this happens. I wanted this thing pretty well done before good weather gets here.
Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.