Humdinger, I started that thread that gd'40eg-300 attached, and I'm probably gonna go with 180's next year and see if it makes a difference. Every shot is unique and I'm not so sure if it is the bullet or the shot that makes the biggest difference at the end of the day. That being said, I just can't help but feel I got lucky that the deer I shot piled up. The bullet did not perform to my satisfaction. It may have been too close, I may have hit too much bone, but what I said I'll stick by, I don't want to have to think too hard before I pull the trigger about whether the shot is OK because I'm using 150's. Now, if you are going to use a premium bullet, that is a whole dofferent kettle of fish. The better bullets available to handloaders will do the job under almost any circumstance, but I do not handload personally so unless I get help someone to whip up a batch for me I'm stuck with Remington Corelokt's or Federal Hi Shock soft points and in that case like I said, I'm going to switch to the 180's. The picture below says it all, that 150 disintegrated.

[Linked Image]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark