Brass "flow" is a broad generalization and multi factors can be attributed to case lengthening.

With bushing dies(less an expander ball),sharp shoulders and sane pressures,growth is nill at most.

A good chamber,good brass and proper sized dies are positive attributes,regardless of case design.

I've got W/W based 25-284 hulls that I've shot over 25 times and have never been turned,reamed nor annealed. I put the coals to them and that case boasts "Improved-ish" mechanical design features,on top of being necked down multi diameters. They are of modest taper and sharp shoulders. It is a WONDERFUL chambering IMHO.

Point was/is,one can beat up his brass and shorten it's useful life,via numerous means. Driving racy brass,doesn't mandate shortened case-life or a host of mundane chores to keep it in order.

Fact is,the contrary has been my observation,regarding all such creations I've dabbled with. However,now and again,one can run into brass of less than optimal tenacity. Norma immediately springs to my mind and especially in Swift.

I'd be the last to piss on the Swift,as the rifles I've had so chambered,have been nothing shy of spectacular. That doesn't mean I think it is the ultimate example of the Cartridge Designer's Craft. It's a funky design and a bastard by nature,though that doesn't mean she doesn't have the capacity to haul ass and ability to bughole.

That might could be why I'm sweet on it,because it works farrr better than it "should".

I don't see fireforming as a dirty word,as it is another excuse to practice and my highest hopes for all of my tubes,come only after their respective hulls are no longer virgins. "Extry" die expense is dick too,so I cain't buy that either.

Brass that looks fast,generally is and does so less extraneous quirks. The 22-250AI looks and plays the part capably............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."