Sorta��

I�m lookin� for so information from people with law enforcement experience. My father took his life with a S&W 357 back in September. I was notified immediately and showed up to deal with the legal matters at hand. The homicide detectives understandably took the gun from the scene as evidence. They also went to my father�s condo (half a mile from the scene) and did a detailed search of his place. I�m sure this was standard procedure; they had to investigate it as a homicide. During this search, they confiscated a pretty nice holster along with a box of rounds that had been left lying out before my father had left his place that morning.
The detectives told me at the time I would be able to retrieve the confiscated items when they were done with them, possibly with in a few weeks. What they didn�t know at the time was that the gun wasn�t registered to my father. It was registered to his father whom had passed away some years back.

I don�t think I really want this gun but I more so don�t feel like just giving it to the cops. It�s not been that easy for me to deal with. I�ve called about picking the gun up twice now. Both times they said they were not done doing all they had to do with it. I let a couple months blow by and then stopped in where they store all their evidence to see about picking it up. There I was told that they had had it but it was currently checked out to another agency that was doing a trigger pull test on it. They also commented on the fact it wasn�t registered to him but referred me on down the line to others that could offer some input on the subject which I followed up on and was just given more numbers to call. I stopped there, now another month or so has passed. I�m currently feeling up to dealing with this again�I think�

My question is this, considering the registration scenario, are they legally going to be able to give it to me? If not, How about the holster they took out of his condo? If they can�t, I wish they would have just said so and I would drop it instead of dealing with the run-around they have given me so far�

Idunno if something like this would fall under county, state or federal regulations but for what it�s worth this is being handled in Pinellas County Florida�.