The situation has been finalized�..sorta..

First a quick recap�.

Last September father took his life with a 357 S&W and the police took the gun, a holster and a few assorted items into their custody as evidence.
Since that time I have been attempting to retrieve these personal belongings with no avail. I�d just been blown off and pushed aside with a slew of unexplainable excuses as to why they still needed to hold these items or why it was not in their possession due to being checked out of evidence by whom now they tell me was the FBI.. (this was for the trigger pull test..blah, blah, blah.)

During my first few posts in this thread, I made another attempt to get these items (the gun) released from evidence so I could pick it up. Again they gave me more hurdles to leap. With the gun still being listed as �evidence� it could not be released. I had to contact the officer whose name was on the file that originally entered the gun into evidence. I made a series of calls and was able to leave a message for that officer to either call me back or call in a release. I also called this officer�s supervisor, leaving the same message and I contacted the lead detective that was on the scene at the time also only leaving a message. That same day I also called �general council� with the sheriffs department and actually got to talk to a individual that said they would look into the situation and contact me within 48 hours�

It was well over a week later and I had not been contacted by any of these people but I saw this thread pop back up on the front page here, I suppose that was the 12th when Hoot pulled it out of the prior weeks archives. Thanks Hoot, it kinda hit that if you guys were still on it I�d better go after it again.

I was tempted to go to the sheriffs department once again so I could look them face to face since they weren�t returning my calls but it�s not so easy.
I�m 125 miles from their office, its really pizzed me when I've made trips there before only to be blown off in person. So again I called all the same numbers starting with Property and Evidence to see if the release had been called in. Notta� Same deal with the officers and detectives, no contact other than voice mail. I did manage to get a hold of the same chick at the �general council� number, she said she needed to make another contact and she would call me back��another week passed�

I started calling again yesterday, I called her first.
She claimed to have been trying to call me but always found my line busy..I'm often out, my answering machine is always on�.

She went on to give me the information I was in need of.. She told me I was going to have to get a release form from them, fill it out and get my fathers notarized signature on it�.

I popped, it was the first time I was very nice about my pursuit. I reminded her that my father had killed himself with this gun and it would rather difficult to get his dammed signature let alone notarized.. I didn�t exactly say it that way�..

She apologized and said she would call me right back�

I told her I wasn�t hanging up, she could call who ever she had to and just put me on hold. To make an already to long of a story a little shorter� they will accept a release form with my mothers notarized signature.. It was like pulling teeth to get this far.
I'll go down tomorrow and see if this works..

I guess the moral of the story is you need to an azzhole from the get-go to get anywhere, being nice just doesn�t pay..

Thanks for all the input and motivation you guys have offered in your replies��.