While wondering aimlessly through a gun show yesterday, I came across an old Marlin model 62 "Levermatic" chambered in .30 U.S. Carbine. I've seen a couple of these in recent years and always thought "W.T.F.?" What could it possibly be good for? This one was fairly clean {possibly refinished} and for some reason it kind of gave me that tingling feeling. Know that feeling? Worthless as it is, I thought it might make a fun plinker. Can't think of much to hunt with it although it'd do ok on predators out to 100 yards and would make a fun javelina gun but I can't remember the last time I saw a javelina in S.C. I didn't buy it because I have way too many gun projects on the table right now but if I had had some spare cash and nothing to do with it I'd have probably have given it a home. Asking price was $350. Even if it is worthless, that never stopped me before! Might be fun to see how accurate the little .30 could be in something besides the M1 Carbine. Anybody ever owned one of these or played with one? The model 62 was supposedly chambered in .22 Jet and .357 Mag. but the only chamberings I've seen in the flesh are the .30 and .256 Win. Mag. {should have bought one of those a few years back too}. It's kind of an ugly little gun but ugly in a "cute" way.