Mr. Sitka deer:
Your comment,"I have not had an epoxy-repaired stock break anywhere near the epoxy" reminded me of one of my more memorable stock repair jobs.

I repaired a friend�s 1950�s vintage beech stocked Husquarna that cracked in the tang area. I�ve had to do maybe a half dozen of the beech Husqvarna stocks over the years, so I�m guessing it is either a quirk of the wood species or perhaps how wet the wood was when the stocks were made.

Anyway, about 2 years later he phoned me up to say that I need to do some warranty work on the stock repair. I said no problem, bring it by and since he�s a good friend I�d charge the same as last time which was nothing. I was wondering however what happened to cause my repair to fail.

He brought the stock over and it was split from the tip of the fore end through magazine area and into the grip! As you said, the original repair looked as good as the day I�d done it. The wood broke away beside the repaired area.

It seems the hill my friend tried to climb with his quad was steeper than he�d figured and he�d flipped the quad backward down the mountain several times spewing various quad accessories as it went. Part of the departing accessories was the plastic scabbard with the Husky in it.

I�m sure you guessed that the quad needed a bit of touch up work as well. Luckily, the driver was no worse for the experience beyond damaged pride and the quad parts.

Well, I thought you might enjoy the story before an Easter weekend. Happy Easter to you and yours as well as all Campfire members.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"