1minute
The issue here is the fact the wood is pulling back from the action. There is not really a strength issue as there would be in your 30-378. Stockbolts, as I said earlier are not warranted except to distribute recoil. They must be installed carefully and prefectly or they create more problems than they solve. Epoxy makes the fit perfect, distributes forces more evenly and requires nothing on the surface.

Stockbolts made sense before epoxy.

Aluminum IME does not play well with others. It moves so much with temp cahnges and does not stick to epoxy well. Over time the adhesive lock is lost. A wood dowel in the long run will be stronger because it will move about the same as epoxy and the two will act together.

I have never understood the concept of aluminum bedding blocks, for example. It is a big variable standing between two steady players... It weighs more than wood and IMO adds nothing. If I am adding weight to a rifle I want it to add something... balance, accuracy, strength, beauty, whatever. I see none of that in aluminum.

A proper piece of wood does not benefit and there are far better ways to stregthen one that does need help.

Sections from broken fishing poles are far more useful, IME&O.

model70man
I tend not to do stock work for the public, but I have done quite a bit and mostly limit it to more difficult jobs like big dings in pricey wood rather than cracks hidden inside a piece of beech.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.