Ray,

This is what I was looking for:

"IMO, the 375 Ruger case completely voids the Chatfield-Taylor wildcats, they are of no further use, they did serve a purpose and they were fine wildcats and if you have one they certainly are an easy number to load and I would not run out and get rid of one that I liked, just to buy a Ruger...but if I were shopping today or building such a wildcat then I would opt for the Ruger case."

That is my feelings also.

The perceived problem with the 375 H-H is not the 1/4" bolt throw. It is that magnum actions are heavier and double the price of many standard actions. If a guy has a magnum bolt face action just lying around only needing a new barrel it most likely is set up for a medium length case. The remington is the only factory rifle I know of that is routinely set up for a magnum length cartridge at a nominal factory rifle price I will call $600-$700.

I think there is a market for the 375 ruger in any factory rifle that can fit the 300 win mag or 338 win mag. Regular Remingtons, Savages, Weatherby vanguards and such.

Heck, the weatherby vanguard is available in 300 WBY. Why not slap a 375 H-H barrel on it if they dont want to offer the 375 Ruger? This is a rifle that I do not know if the magazines will fit the H-H length in all there chamberings like the Remingtons do.