Shot two buck Antelope in Wyoming last Fall with my NULA 257AI, using 115gr VLDs.

The first antelope, was lying down and broadside, at a lasered 233 yds. At the bullet hit , the Antelope jumped up, and ran about 15 yds, and then its head went down, and the the rear end flipped over the head. The antelope then jumped up again, back in the direction from which it had come, and ran about 10 yds, and again the head dropped down and the rear end flipped over the head. It did not move after that.

When I examined the animal, the bullet had entered the lower chest cavity, and blew out the chest that resulted in a gaping wound about 3" wide there. The heart was completely destroyed.

Heart shot animals can do some strange things, but I had never seen anything like this before. Fortunately, the whole kill was captured on video by a friend.

The second Antelope was shot at a lasered 273 yds, was standing broadside, and dropped on the shot. It was a high lung shot that destroyed both lungs(think soup), along with the arteries and veins above the heart.

So I have a database of 2 with the 25 caliber, 115gr VLDs, that would appear to be consistent with JB's experience.

Hope this helps some in the compilation of VLD hunting data.

Steve