Well I got one.

2.5-10x45
XT reticle
[Linked Image]
thoughts:
optics- solid, crisp, bright, easy on the eyes...Great eyebox and eye relief. COmpared in lowlight to conquest 3-9x40 with z-plex reticle. A tad brighter and the XT reticle is bolder than the z-plex... Leupold wins here and i know it should, it costs more... With the reticle and optics, this scope could be used in any situation a premium euro with @ #4 could be used in IMO...

COnstruction: appears very well put together. I like the adjustment caps popping up. The alumina flip up covers are a nice touch

Appearance: great looking scope. Leupold and swarovski make the best looking scopes IMO

I have owned lots of expensive european and american optics and feel like this product is a solid, probably very dependable product. FOr the price i got it at, i feel like it is a better deal than spending 300-500$ more for a 1st focal plane euro scope with less eye relief.

THe XT reticle is a winner, the best duplex type reticle made today IMO and i used to give this title to the z-plex from zeiss

THe reticle is made by electroform according to leupold...not quite wire and not etched

-the weight is a slight negative compared to the 2.5-10x42 from zeiss and swaro it weighs more. it even weighs more than the z6 2-12x50
-it weighs less than the 3-12x42 S&B klassik...
-It also costs (MAP) less than all of those.

Overall it is very bright, great color and contrast and great at managing stray light..

I think it deserves its place in the $1000 plus price class (as much as any of the others do, lets be honest here the differences between this leveal and the vx-III/conquest level are not drastic)

I also think the care package that comes with this scope is a plus and should be standard with all scopes in this class...

i wish leupold would offer the XT reticle on the VX-III series but they said they are not planning on it at this time.

TIme will tell if i am wrong but I would give it a BIG thumbs up at this point!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SAKO75; 05/16/08.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984