Originally Posted by dave7mm

Thats to bad.I was hoping for better.In reality, that means all they did was rename,what they had.Pretty commen for them.
For a wire reticle I've never seen a Swaro turn into a glowing golden rod.Still.Good to see loopie try to compeat anyway.
dave
i have seen the swaro do it. I will say the XT reticle design makes up for the bronze tint under certain conditions. Lastly, they didnt rename the LPS, its different length, different FOV, different everything according to Leupold. You can call swarovski, they will tell you what reticle are etched and which are wire. In 1st focal plane scopes, it is harder to see the bronze as the light cant get to it in the same way it hits a 2nd plane reticle. Try it out on a 1" swaro or the new Z6.
Schmidt & Bender uses wire reticles in some scopes as well. The fixed 6x42 for instance uses foil (wire) type reticle. I used to have an email from S&B in Germany confirming this..

I implore you to take a look at a VX-7 before you judge one

Last edited by SAKO75; 05/18/08.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984