I am certainly not an expert on this matter but last year I got drawn on a federal lands hunt that you had to use either a shotgun with slugs or a muzzleloader. I got a rifled choke tube for my Browning Gold Hunter .12 ga. and shot Remington Buckhammers.. Long story short..The BB isn't the best sighting device for a slug gun. Missed the nicest set of horns at 100 yards I have ever seeen in the woods. So I went out and bought a nice used Win 1300 12 ga rifled barrel slug gun with a cabelas 2-7 x 32 shotgun scope (4" of eye relief instead of 3" in their rifle scopes). I have got $245 in this rig. I have got several different sabots to try out in it and plan to practice if I get drawn for another of these hunts this year. I am not a big fan of a pump gun, but I think with practice its a 1 shot deal with a scope and within 100 yards anyway. I just didn't want to pay $500-700 for a semi auto slug rig for the little I would use it. Almost all my hunting is with Rifle and I use the Browning Gold Hunter for birds. [Linked Image]