Originally Posted by sturgeon

P.S.
Lots of folks "hunt" here and haven't killed sixteen deer in a lifetime, good hunters here get one buck and maybe one doe ...if they draw doe tags, in a season. Just da' facts here...

Great post, Charlie.. not sure about what the last part means so let me elaborate a bit.

To be clear, I am not a great hunter of blacktail.

I am a decent hunter of blacktail, and a great practicer of the kind of "social engineering" that can lead to things like, oh, access to really good private land.

Until a couple years ago, you could put in for an "additional" tag that was only available in a few areas of the state. Lucky for me, one of my honeyholes in in that area and even better, lots of folks didn't put in for it because the unit is mostly tied up in private hands. I think I've drawn 3 additional tags and filled 2 of them.

Now, there is no "additional" tag in Oregon, and we put into a lottery for a doe tag to go with our OTC blacktail buck tag. If a guy is half smart and puts in within an hour of Eugene, he can consistantly draw a doe tag. It's actually a spike/doe tag.

I have some good public land spots figured out, and I will share them (privatly) with any serious hunter who wants to hunt with me in Oregon.

I have drawn 17 tags from the state of Oregon, and filled 16 of them. Some were dumb luck, some I'm real proud of.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!