Originally Posted by TMan
[/quote]
I remember a few years back when the Rocket Steelheads were all the rage (no pun intended). I used them for a couple years with Horrible results.

I have used them for about 10 years to take at least 50 deer. I never had a single problem with them I could honestly attribute to the head. [/quote]

I still use the 125 steelheads. I think I switched to them around the 2000 season, and I typically shoot 2-4 deer a year with the bow. Never had a problem. Mostly I shoot pretty well and at closish range so shot placement is pretty good, but last year I had one hit a little forward, busted the leg bone and still had a pass through.

Id go to a fixed blade head if I were going to shoot something bigger than a deer, but on deer I figure its shot placement, shot placement and shot placement thats important.

I did muzzys for a number of years and it was a good head but it required a bit better tuning than does the mechanical heads. Someday I may pick up a few slick tricks ad see how they shoot.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge