Over the years, I have found that the scope is quicker on targets, but maybe not so much in real world practice.

However having said that, I like the idea of the peep for my DG rifles because there is nearly zero chance of damage, or getting knocked out of adjustment. It's far more fail safe in my opinion.

For a fella coming to hunt and using his DG design for a week or two where he's going to "baby" his rifle as much as possible the scope idea seems practical. However for a professional who's rifle is bouncing around and packed into the bush every day all day for season after season. The Peepsight makes more sense in my opinion.

The Beauty of the QD design is that you can actually have your choice with a moments notice. Pop off the scope, snap on the Peep and you're ready in about a minute or so. Also having that little peep solves almost all scope damage issues as well.

Should you arrive to the hunting area only to find the scope is bad for any number of reasons, you're not out of luck to 150 yards or maybe even further. Just snap on the Peep and go hunting. For DG odds of shooting beyond 150 yards are slim anyway.

There will be times when the Scope beats the Peep every time and visa versa. It's a tough call to always choose the right one. Having them in this QD configuration gives you which ever one you want, or feel more comfortable with at that time.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)