Boy, you change what you say faster than a politician! smile

Here's what you actually said:

"Sounds like you're right.. I wonder if you could hold the slide muzzle-end down, and jiggle it a few times and see if the end of the firing pin finally sticks out.. That should then allow enough room to push in the back of the pin and remove the block.."

Sorry slick...but on a series 80 the plunger has to be depressed before the firing pin can be pushed forward to remove the plate, broken tip or not. You had this guy thinking he had a broken firing pin when all he had to do was pull the trigger back to unblock the firing pin. You'd think a "gunsmith" would know that. smile

Just because you couldn't figure out how to unstick a live round and had to resort to some Bubba gag doesn't mean others should or would do such a silly procedure.

I see you're also good at precise measuring. First you said "about" 1/2" of reaming...then you said 3/4" of reaming. smile

Sounds like you're right.. I wonder if you could hold the slide muzzle-end down, and jiggle it a few times and see if the end of the firing pin finally sticks out.. That should then allow enough room to push in the back of the pin and remove the block..

Target moving date to Belle Fourche, South Dakota: May 1st, 2010, then I'm OUTTA TAX HELL WISCONSIN!
NRA Endowment member
Ex - USN(SS) (USS Razorback) '66-'69.