Originally Posted by cra1948
I've subscribed to the Wolfe magazines since I returned from SEA in 73. At that time, and for a number of years, they were the best on the market. There was a decline in editorial quality in the late '80's - early '90's that has been somewhat mitigated. The move from a subscriber-oriented to a marketing-oriented style has been subtle and well-managed, but very apparent. With Ross Seyfried and now John Barsness gone it is unlikely I will renew.

X 2 )even though I like Pearce and Shoemaker.(

I have to tell you John, this is going to dampen my enthusiasm for long trips to the lil' john. ;)(was that a little too honest?)
I have enjoyed your writing with the three for awhile now, and the real problem this is going to cause in the future is having to hunt down your articles in the myriad of other magazines.
Could you please ask Rick to put up a "Mule Deer's articles of the future" sticky so we can just go out and buy the right one. I would hate to have to hang out at the rack and search every mag for your name. That just borders on creepy...
I wish you a road heavily burdened with good hunts, friends, and moments in the future. Please don't stop writing, or we will suffer for it.
Thank you for the great work of the past.
Your fellow looney,
Andrew.

Last edited by rem338win; 08/15/08.

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.