For what it's worth, my spent bullet shown above busted the front shoulder, quartering on, and was recovered in the dern pelvic canal right next to the bladder! Now thats some kind of penetration!
Straydog, The first time I used TBBC's on an elk hunt, I came home afterward with about 15 rounds left over in my 300 Jarrett. I used them for deer that fall, culling does mostly, with a couple of nice bucks thrown in...basically, they were indeed, a little too tough. I had complete penetration on each deer, with the impression (my impression only..I could be wrong) that the bullet had not began expanding, or had not fully expanded, by the time it exited. I had to blood trail many of them...really just about all of them. One of the bucks was taken through both shoulders and I had to chase him forever. These were 30 cal, 180 grain bullets. Just my opinion, but they were a little stout for whitetails. Friends shooting a light for caliber TBBC in their 7/08's reported great results on whitetails though..so there ya go.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.