Well on a semi whim I brought home a T3 wood stock in 7mm-08 yesterday.

I scoped it with a new extra Leupold VXIII 3.5x10x40 that I had laying around.

I sat there and played with it off and on for the last day and I can say it's just not my cup of tea. It may shoot 0.010" groups but I couldn't see ever hunting with it.

I don't think I could ever get used to the funky mag and maybe it's just me I found it near impossible to have a mag in it and load one on top without putting the mag in, loading one in the chamber and then pulling the mag out and sticking another one back in...which seems really clunky. Especially considering how loud it is to put in and out of the rifle. Seems like a lot of work just to get the rifle fully loaded.

But to be completly honest this is the first and only rifle I've ever owned outside of a 10/22 or something similar with a detachable mag out of the 30ish or so I currently own....so possibly I'm not giving it a fair shake - it's just so foreign to operate and backwards from everything else I own I don't know if I could ever get used to it. In fact on my last 2 rifles I had them built with a total blind magazine without a floorplate. So I guess I'm in the 1% group on this one.

The plastic doesn't bother me. The quality on the rifle certainly seems better than the average low end rifle nowdays that's for sure.

I just don't think I could could ever get used to it enough to be comfortable to hunt with. Maybe if it was my only big game rifle then I could.

I think I'm going to box it up and maybe give it to a gift to someone who needs a semi youth rifle locally or stick it on the forums here NIB.

Last edited by NathanL; 09/05/08.

Otto is my co-pilot.