Originally Posted by bea175
I have number of cameras both 35 mm and Digital. My favorite brand is Nikon with my D-300 Digital and F3 35 mm being my favorite two. Nikon has the best lens and seems to be the choice of most professional photographers. Nikon would be my pick.

Sorry to bring this thread to the top, as I've been away for a while. I just have to comment that this is the most misguided, misinformed post I think I've ever read here.

First - "D300" and "most professional photographers" do not even belong on the same page, or in the same paragraph.

Second - Canon has the best glass, period. I'd love it to be the other way around, as I used to shoot strictly Nikon, but it's just the way it is, and I had to switch. Now, of course Nikon has some very nice lenses, but the entire collection as a whole just cannot compare. There is ONE Nikon glass that's currently superior to the equivalent Canon offering and that's the 14-24/2.8. I've contemplated even buying a D3 JUST for use with this lens, but I can't bring myself to do it. The 1Ds3 is just too nice for me to revert to a D3.

Just my $.02