Originally Posted by thechamp
Originally Posted by corporal cleg
Originally Posted by 338Federal
corporal cleg, come out. Did you vote FOR Obama? Seem to be doing a little guilty side-stepping here.

Side stepping? I dont think so.
To answer your question-No I did not vote for Obama. Nor did I vote for McCain. I do not vote for gun grabbers (unlike the NRA).

So you were content to allow the biggest liberal in America to get elected? Most of us didn't like McCain either, but this was a case where you voted for the platform and the party. Not necessarily the idiot leading the ticket. The republicans would have kept McCain straight. For all his maverick crap he sure was singing the republican tune on 99% of the issues. You're making this really difficult. You'd rather not vote for the lesser of evils and thusly allow the most evil dictator ever to get himself elected? Wow what a concept...

NOT!

Ill keep this brief. The Republican party is lost. They used to AT LEAST speak of financial responsibility, smaller government, individual rights, etc. After six years of power, they COMPLETELY abandoned those ideals- Six years of ridiculous spending, bloated government, and Rights stomping. The Republican party would not have kept McCain "straight" because the Republican party is crooked. There is no longer a Republican "tune"-their tune is hardly distinguishable from the Democrats. The tune of fiscal responsibility, small government , and individual rights is no longer being sung by the GOP. Their tune is now big government, big spending-but "different" than the big government the democrats want.
I wouldnt say I was "content" with Obama getting elected, but I would say it is better for conservative ideals-because now there is a chance that conservatism will pop its head out again. Instead of burying their head in the sand, as they did when the GOP was running the show, Conservatives will once again speak against big government.
If McCain was president, the conservatives would continue to remain mute as McCain advanced a big government agenda.
If the concern was having Republicans in charge, than vote for Rrepublicns. If the concern is "conservatism", then the best thing is to let the GOP crash, and start over again.
Take a page from the Democrat playbook-when they crashed, they didnt fold, and take a non existing middle road. They put Pelosi, Howard Dean, Obama-the most ardent big government radicals in place, and now the radicals are running the show.
Republicans should do the same, just on the other side of the spectrum. Now that the radicals are running the show, the GOP can finally get on with building a party of smaller government, fiscal responsibility, etc.