TWR, I finally was able to dig out my Montana to check it out. Mine does have the spiffy Schmalt Titanium bolt knob but that shouldn't really make a difference in this test.

With an empty chamber and the safety on the bolt does have a mm or two of play, not much but enough if you shake the gun hard it will rattle slightly.

With a round in the chamber and the safety on it doesn't rattle.

With an EMPTY chamber but a round in the Magazine it didn't rattle. With a full Magazine it was even better.

So basically the only time I think it could make a signifigant noise in the field would be an gun with an empty chamber and an empty magazine that you were really rattling.

I'm also a big fan of Sako's. Between the Montana and the Finnlite I see advantages and disadvantages to both of them. I have a couple Kimber 270 WSM's and a Sako 85 Greywolf 270 WSM and the Kimbers outshoot the heavier Greywolf. The Greywolf is plenty accurate - sub MOA but one of my Kimber's especially is a real drill - and it was a pretty early 8400 - the first Kimber I bought.

I noticed that you are a fellow Okie. If I ever get enough time off to make to the OKC Gun Club I'll bring my 325 WSM Montana and you would be more than welcome to shoot it to see if you really want one.

Thanks for being understanding about my bad post - it was all on me, Thanks for pointing it out..............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................