Originally Posted by stiller
djpaintless

My guess is that it had too much grease/oil on the firing pin and when cold the grease slowed down the speed.

That's the point. I've seen old military rifles filled with 40year old grease still work in nasty cold conditions lighting off thick military primers. They have places for chunky old grease to go! Plus the heavy thick firing pins may slow down lock time but they also have greater inertia and work in wider varying conditions than a lightweight firing pin.

I mean no disrespect whatsover for Stiller Actions. I would LOVE to have several of them, they are indeed very fine actions. But I'd be darned carefull about how I lubed the insides of the bolt and what with. I'd be sure to keep the entire action clean.

A Ferarri is capable of higher performance than a Chevy truck but the Chevy truck is more likely to make it through the mud! And you can probably get away with a lot less maintenance on the truck. If you have a tight high performance action you need to keep it maintained more carefully than a looser std action.............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................