During the 07-08 deer season I was looking for a buck to shoot but the weather was too warm and windy to sit in a stand. I was still hunting along between stands that evening carring my long range 7 Rem Mag which wears a 6.5 X 20 Leupold;
[Linked Image]

At dusk I was standing in a cedar bush looking down a road I had corned earlier that day when a young eight point buck walked out from behind my left shoulder. He stoped about 30 yards in front of me and begain feeding. He wasn't a buck I wanted to shoot but I figured he made a great decoy so I stayed as still as I could hoping a larger buck might appear.

I soon begain to feel rather silly, watching a buck which was practacly in my lap, which I had no intention of shooting, and holding a long range bean field rifle in my hands at the time.

So, wind in my face, I begain to sneek up on this young buck just to see how close I could get. Moving as slowly as I could when the buck had his head down and freezing in place when he raised it, I closed the distance to three long steps. I had been thinking I would slap that buck on the rump but thoughts of him kicking me below the belt were not plesant. Insted, I took one big step and poked him in the azz with the muzzle of that 7 Mag.

He ran about 50 yards with his tail clamped down before he stoped to look back at what had poked him. It's times like those when you wish someone were there with a video camera.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775