I was bow hunting in the Missouri Breaks a few years back when I spotted a 340ish 6x6 and his harem of cows roughly a mile off in a parallel draw. Being it was in the Missouri Breaks I knew I needed to hot foot it to them before 5 other guys busted in there. When I finally got to the ridge above the draw the elk were in I could see the herd feeding in the open about 150 yds away. I decided the best thing to do would be to come at them from down the ridge about a hundred yards as the cover was better and I would have pine needles to walk on as opposed to the shale where I was at. So, I started easing my way down the back side of the ridge to the point were I would crest it and make my way into the draw. About 40 yds into my sneak I heard a noise to the front. I dropped to a knee trying to make out what had made the noise when a 275" 6x6 satellite bull rounded the juniper 10 feet in front of me on the game trail I had been sneaking along. He knew something wasn't quite right but couldn't smell me. He decided to take a step forward... Now I was starting to wonder just who was going to get the short end of the stick in this encounter. He turned to look back the way he had come and I lost all nerve and drew on him. That was all it took for the whole area to explode in panicking elk. No shot for me, but it was fun to be almost nose to nose with a bull.